Thursday, September 8

Where Did I Come From?

Do you remember your first introduction to sex education?

I found myself pondering this as I read about the new documentary The Joy Of Sex Education. The doco looks at the history of sex ed films, from the earliest ‘look out for VDs’ propaganda from WW1 to the hippy-influenced fun of the 70s through to today.

It occurred to me that there was never a moment in my life where I didn’t have some kind of knowledge about sex. That’because, thankfully, I was a child of the seventies and my parents believed in sex education. They weren’t hippies by any stretch, and they certainly suffered from various red faces when it came to the crunch, but they gritted their teeth like good people and well, they bought us a book.

Yes folks, I’m talking about that classic tome of rudeness, Where Did I Come From?

Read the rest of Karen’s hilarious story on sex education at

No comments:

Post a Comment